Saturday, March 15, 2014

Room to Grow

While coming up with topics to address for the Balance Your 7 Blog, the category I tend to struggle with the most tends to be Spirituality. It's not because I'm not aware of the aspects found within this topic according to the Balance Your 7 website :

Spiritual wellness: Search for meaning and purpose, actions match your values and morals, find peace and harmony.
  • Explore your individual spirituality
  • Spend time alone
  • Meditate
  • Be tolerant of different beliefs
  • Keep a clear sense of right and wrong
I try to incorporate most of this in my daily routine, although meditate is something I need to strive to do more often. What I struggle with is how to grow within this category. I try to find meaning in my daily interactions with people, yet I should reflect more on what those are and try to do this daily. I have an opportunity to spend alone time, and try to find minutes of solitude. Some days are easier than others. As a family, we have found a place of worship that we feel comfortable attending, but we have chosen not to make this a priority in our lives at present, a decision both my husband and I agreed to. I read the occasional book related to growing in spirit. One I've just started is called The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It's not the type of book I usually read, but it came recommended and might lead to some new personal insights or a fun discussion.

So at this time, I feel like this is an area that I can grow into. 

If given more time in my week, I would really like to look into having our dog become certified for the pet therapy program in town. If this were to happen, the two of us could visit local hospitals, nursing homes and schools. I've been witness to the comfort and joy that a therapy dogs brings to people in critical situations. They visibly relax and shed their troubles, if only for a short period of time. Our local Humane Society offers the necessary training to have your dog qualify for this program. I feel that not only would he benefit from interaction with others in new situations, but I would truly enjoy the experience. It would be a way to share the joy my dog has brought to our family, and what a wonderful way to get out into the community. Now to take a deep breath, and find the time to make this goal happen! I know that as person in need of spiritual growth, this would be a great seed to sow!

No comments:

Post a Comment