Monday, February 3, 2014

Been puzzled lately?

Santa happened to deliver a beautiful 1,000-piece, very challenging puzzle to our house. We have set it up on our dining room table (can you tell how little we dine in the dining room?) and have been working on it little by little. 

 I have not attempted a puzzle in years, except the last winter up at a cabin, which only lasted for about two days, and was never completed. My husband has found the entire thing totally therapeutic and very relaxing. 

I've sat down to "just find a few pieces" and end up sitting for over an hour! It is not only relaxing, but very addicting as well! The one tip I would strongly encourage, do not let your 4-year-old "help." 

We recently found four pieces in her doll's dress. And because our puzzle is not quite complete, we are unsure how many pieces may be missing for good! Ahh, I guess it adds to the challenge. My good friend has a puzzle going for each of her kids, she simply sets it up on a cookie sheet. When they are not working on it, she slides it under her television stand, out of sight! 

Waiting for the next Polar Vortex to descend upon us hardy midwesterners, we need SOMETHING to keep us sane! Might I suggest a puzzle? Maybe you want a second one for your little "helpers" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment